THANK YOU for standing for life!
When we work together, YOU have a powerful voice in our government.
Because of your efforts, Iowa’s lawmakers received – through The FAMiLY LEADER’s action alerts and the ShesABaby.com website alone – over 77,900 emails encouraging them to pass pro-life legislation this session!
And that’s not even counting those emails and phone calls you sent privately or through other allies in the Coalition of Pro-Life Leaders. Nor counting the over 600 of you who came to Capitol, met with lawmakers, and distributed hand-written encouraging notes to legislators.
Please, continue your good work in engaging our government leaders. Though we have experienced and should expect future setbacks in our goal to protect all life from the moment of conception, the swelling sound of Iowans demanding the right to life be defended cannot be ignored.
At this point:
- SF253, a bill establishing life begins at conception, failed to garner enough votes (in any germane committee) to pass committee, thus missing the “funnel” deadline to be considered this session
- SF53, limiting abortion to the first 20 weeks of pregnancy, was passed through committee and is therefore eligible for an upcoming vote on the floor of the Senate
- SF2, prohibiting some taxpayer funds from being distributed to abortion providers, was passed on the floor of the Senate and is waiting House action
Here’s what you can do now:
Though disappointment over SF253 looms large, this year has already marked historic advances for life. We must press our legislators to finish the job by passing all the pro-life measures they can, while continuing to fight for the “gold standard” of life at conception.
Senate leaders have told our Capitol Team avenues may yet remain for life at conception this session. We will keep you informed if and when there are ways you can help make those avenues reality.
Please, continue with us in the fight. For the fight to defend Iowa’s babies is just beginning.
Here are the top two ways you can help:
- Pray. We must remember that we’re not just seeking to change laws, but to change hearts and minds and the spirit of a nation. True heart change is the domain of the Holy Spirit, and if we forget to call upon God, then our labor will surely be in vain. Visit If714.com today to learn how you can join over 45,000 people in more than 30 countries who are praying daily for heart change in America through the free If714 app.
- Work the fields. The Life at Conception Act planted seeds of change. 77,900 emails watered those seeds. And thanks to you, your signs, your hashtags and tweets, the message of “She’s a Baby” is growing all over our state. Visit ShesABaby.com today to see how you can continue to nurture and spread the message, and make sure you watch and share the “She’s a Baby” video that is touching hearts and minds everywhere. Work the fields through ShesABaby.com today, and then again and again, for the harvest we look forward to tomorrow!
“And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart”
Galatians 6:9 (NKJV)
“Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord”
1 Corinthians 15:58 (NKJV)
“With patience a ruler may be persuaded, and a soft tongue will break a bone”
Proverbs 25:15 (ESV)