The FAMiLY LEADER is seeking qualified candidates with a commitment to our Christian faith and vision for cultural transformation to fill two available positions: Vice President of Development and Social Media Coordinator.
Vice President of Development
The FAMiLY LEADER is seeking a Vice President of Development to assist in fundraising. The Vice President of Development is responsible for the overall coordination of the Development Department and for leading the Development team to accomplish its core mission: meeting the annual income budget and securing long-term income and membership growth for TFL. The position is responsible for developing and implementing long-range strategic plans to achieve the organization’s long-term objectives for income and membership growth and is responsible for developing with the President’s Office a plan for personal contact by the President with selected donors including emails, letters, notes, phone calls, and meetings. A qualified candidate would possess education or experience in the field (an MBA is preferred) and should have 5-10 years of experience in nonprofit fundraising management of major gifts, direct marketing, and estate gifts, strong knowledge of TFL, the conservative movement, and excellent relationships with leading conservative donors. Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
• Develop and implement long-range strategic plans to achieve the organization’s long-term objectives for income and membership growth
• Develop with the President’s Office a plan for personal contact by the President with selected donors including emails, letters, notes, phone calls, and meetings
• Create and execute an annual budget plan to meet short-term income and donor growth goals
• Manage a multi-million dollar caseload of top and high-profile donors
• Structure the Development Department as needed over time to optimize its effectiveness in accomplishing its mission
• Maintain timely and effective reporting systems to track key performance metrics throughout the Development Department
• Work with external coalition allies
• Work with outside consultants, educational institutions, and other outsourced resources to improve the body of development knowledge, import best practices and keep TFL on the cutting edge of nonprofit fundraising
• As a member of the senior management team, the Vice President of Development participates in the overall planning activities of TFL, developing specific and measurable department goals that advance TFL’s vision and mission and complement, augment, or support the goals of other departments
• Establish department priorities, prepare and monitor the department budget, provide overall direction for staff activities under the President, and lead by example. Use department resources effectively to achieve TFL objectives
Education: MBA preferred
Experience: 5-10 years of experience in nonprofit fundraising management of major gifts, direct marketing, and estate gifts; strong knowledge of TFL and the conservative movement; and excellent relationships with leading conservative/Christian donors
Management: Key management skills including strategic planning and goal setting, budgeting, staffing, performance counseling, mentoring, and career planning are required
Communication: Excellent writing, presentation, and strong public speaking skills; an articulate advocate of TFL’s vision and mission
Computers: Comfort working with needed software including Microsoft Office, Outlook, CRM/ Donor database such as Blackbaud, and Salesforce.com
• Understand and support the TFL mission and vision for America and the department’s goals and objectives
• An understanding of and commitment to conservative principles is required
• Ability to effectively interact with the rest of the management team; a team builder
• A strong commitment to and personal relationship with Jesus Christ and active membership in an evangelical New Testament church
Social Media Coordinator
The Family Leader seeks a full-time Social Media Coordinator (SMC) to oversee the day-to-day operation of TFL’s social media platforms. The SMC is responsible for creating, managing and using digital platforms, including our websites, to deliver TFL’s policy content and messages to prospective and current members of our key audiences. The coordinator will track how we engage with the audiences, ensure all platforms are linked and used appropriately, keep audience lists up-to-date and segmented as needed, and analyze results to improve strategies. The SMC will educate the rest of TFL’s team about audience insights and the best practices for impact. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to: daily coordination of TFL’s social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc., researching and curating content for social media platforms, and facilitating the creation of graphics and videos for social media, including working with other designers and TFL team members. The SMC should be willing to work odd hours when the news cycle demands. Qualified applicants should possess an active Christian faith and agree with TFL’s statement of faith. He/she should desire to see Christian principles applied in the civic arena and should have experience with digital campaigns, data analysis, and content creation and curation across platforms. Experience with marketing, photography, and photo editing are a plus. Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.