In an entertaining and educational discussion on the Great Day program on KCWI 23, Tom Coates of Consumer Credit of Des Moines discusses gambling in Iowa and answers several questions:
- What are the differences between “tourist model” and “convenience model” casinos?
- How much revenue into a casino comes from the local community?
- Are casinos a net gain or loss for a community?
- Where does the revenue for casinos primarily come from?
- What happens when the state becomes dependent upon gambling proceeds?
- What would happen if we opened up gambling and had a completely free market?
- Why not let people have the freedom of choice and spend their money how they want?
Video streaming by Ustream
[fblike style=”standard” showfaces=”false” verb=”like” font=”arial”]